Photo Rally 2022
The aim of the Rally is to get out and about on two wheels. This Rally is learner legal, meaning that there are no motorways involved so even 50cc and 125cc vehicles will be able to complete it.
For the theme we have decided on Castles of County Down.
The objective is to take a photo of your bike with the castles listed below in the background of the shot. Simple as that.
You need to take care not to put yourself or other road users at risk when taking the Photo, so please observe road traffic regulations, don't block anyone's property access. no trespassing on anyone's property.
We would encourage you to support the local businesses by maybe stopping for a coffee, ice-cream, lunch etc.
Once you have taken a photo at each of the points please send them to email@example.com along with your name, address and a contact number.
We will then display them in a gallery on Facebook.
There is no cost to take part in this, however if anyone wishes to make a donation to Pancreatic Cancer UK it would be appreciated. https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/northdownridertraining
What to you get for completing the Rally?
We have ordered a stock of badges that will be awarded when all Photo Points are captured.
Rally Points 2022
1) Quintin Castle - Newtownards BT22 1QE
2) Kilclief Castle - Shore Rd, Strangford, Kilclief, Downpatrick BT30 7NP
3) Quoile Castle - Quay Rd, Downpatrick BT30 7JB
4) Audleys Castle - Audleystown Rd, Portloughan, Downpatrick BT30 7LP
5) Killyleah Castle - Killyleagh, Downpatrick BT30 9QA
6) Mahee Castle - 20 Mahee Island, Comber, Newtownards BT23 6EP
Rally Points 2021
1) Ballycopeland Windmill - Windmill Rd, Millisle, Newtownards BT22 2DS 54°36′28″N 5°33′22″W
2) Knockinelder Windmill - Kearney Rd, Portaferry, Newtownards BT22 1QF 54°23′07″N 5°28′08″W
3) Crawfordsburn Mill - Old Windmill Road, Crawfordsburn, BT19 1XL
4) Portaferry Mill - Windmill Hill, Portaferry, Newtownards BT22 1NS
5) Saintfield Mill - Windmill Road, Saintfield, BT24 7DX
6) Ballybryan Mill - Ballybryan Road, Greyabbey, BT22 2RB