What should I wear?

We will supply you with a helmet, gloves and jacket. You should ensure that you wear boots that provide some ankle support. Trainers will not be acceptable. Thick trousers or jeans should be worn.

Can I wear my own motorcycle clothing?

Yes, it is more comfortable to wear your own clothing if you have it. We can also advise on what kit to consider purchasing.

What age can I start to learn?

You can start your training at 16 for a 49cc moped, 17 for a 125cc machine. At 19 you can begin training towards an A2 category bike. If you have no experience at all you have to be 24 before training can start on a full A category motorcycle. If you are aged 21 and have held your A2 licence for 2 years you can train towards yours full A licence.

I'm not sure about biking can I try a session first?

As we charge by the hour you can have a taster session to see if you like being on the bike before committing to completing CBT and licences.

Where can I book my practical and theory tests?

These are booked directly with the DVA, you can access the pages by the links below:

Theory test

Practical test

Do I need to study anything before my first lesson?

No, however it would be beneficial to look through the Highway Code for Northern Ireland and for CBT the guidance from the DVLA, both are available on the links below:

Highway Code

CBT Guidance